The Documents Association of New Jersey
The Documents Association of New Jersey promotes the use of and access to
government publications in libraries in the NJ area.
See our NEWS page for more information about current issues.
Our objectives are:
- to provide a forum for discussion of problems and concerns, and for the exchange
of ideas by librarians working with government information;
- to provide a force for initiating and supporting programs that promote access to,
use, and bibliographic control of documents;
- to increase communication among documents personnel and other library personnel;
- to contribute to the continuing education and training of librarians working
with government information.
DANJ participates in various activities.
- State, Federal, and International Documents Interest Groups hold meetings several
times each year to discuss current issues and initiate projects in their areas of
- DANJ publishes a newsletter three to four times a year.
- The association holds an annual conference.
- It also sponsors educational programs.
DANJ meeting and program announcements are also posted on the DOX_NJ listserv,
a forum for New Jersey librarians and others to communicate about government information.
Comments/Questions: Susan Bucks
Last updated: May 15, 2012
The page was created by Laura Saurs in September 1997. It was previously maintained by
Wen-Hua Ren, Catherine Pontoriero, and Sue Lyons